This weekend we celebrate Independence Day. Let us remember to be grateful for the many blessings that freedom represents and the opportunity that it affords. We will honor the men and women of our military who continue to stand ready and proudly to defend that freedom.
During this time, it is also important to remember safety. There are many that take the opportunity to travel, go to big celebration events, watch fireworks or maybe just grill in the backyard. Here are a few things to keep ourselves aware of our surroundings while enjoying down time.
- Attention to local weather conditions and forecasts. Tropical Storm Arthur has been sited for the east coast.
- Water safety while swimming or using recreational vehicles. Do you have Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs)?
- Obeying the rules of the road and make sure to pull over to rest as needed. Especially if driving long distances.
- Heat related illnesses like heat stroke and heat exhaustion. Do you know the difference?
- Practice good fire management habits; ie when grilling, awareness of local laws regarding fireworks, etc.
- Consuming alcohol responsibly.
We wish everyone the best for a happy Fourth of July. Enjoy the holiday and summer fun while avoiding the common risks. Celebrate the birth of our nation with pride.
With the Warmest Regards,